Search This Blog Below

Today Cosplay
Cosplayer

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Want to draw manga with GT?


Over the course of Pinoy Cosplay's lifespan, I've seen idiots learn how to think and haters come to realize that they've been as pathetic as I make them out to be. Through a series of simple blog posts, I've been able to cause small but relatively significant waves in the growing cosplay community.

I find this very interesting, and I want to take things further. I want a new medium with which I can reach a wider audience and send more messages across. Of course, there's more to that, but you bastards should consider yourselves lucky enough to hear this much from me.

Writing alone is out of the question. Personally, I don't like too much reading. You know those people who complain when a book doesn't have enough pictures? That's me. Besides, manga is easier to pick up and read. There is less text to go through and the visuals can be very engaging.

Right now, I am looking for an artist who is willing to do a shoujo manga. Not the magic girl or fantasy types, but shoujo with more mature themes and complicated romance. With this title, I want to explore realistic characters and the intricate relationships between them.

Being a newcomer to this field, I want to try my hand at all sorts of stories and genres to get a feel for what I can really do with manga. I've been working on a sports manga with a friend to wet my feet in the shounen side of things (announcement coming soon, available at Komikon), so now I want to dabble with shoujo.

If you want to work with GT in perhaps the greatest shoujo manga to ever come from this side of the world, just send an e-mail to bangkokteetees@gmail.com with samples of your drawings and perhaps a small letter that will convince me you're in for the long run in this manga making business. Preferably someone who lives in Metro Manila and must be willing to meet up once or twice a week to talk about the manga.