Search This Blog Below

Today Cosplay
Cosplayer

Friday, October 22, 2010

Grand Slam to make its grand debut at Komikon 2010


As promised, here's the manga I've been working on. I don't want to spoil anything, so let me just point out the obvious: Grand Slam is a sports manga that revolves around baseball.

"Why baseball?" This is always the first question people ask me. Baseball is a sport alien to Filipino readers. Even with its long history and rich culture, Filipinos are generally oblivious to the so-called America's pastime.

Why baseball? Grand Slam is ambitious not only in the sense that it is my first step into the world of manga, but I also want it to be so successful that baseball will actually be appreciated locally. Baseball is severely underrated. My hope is to bring a better understanding of why it is so damn awesome.

A challenge too steep for even GT, you say? That's a good thing. If it's not challenging enough, then there's no reason for me to do it. I will probably lose motivation halfway through.

Grand Slam is a work of two newbies in the indie manga scene. We may lack the technique and experience to make professional quality manga, but I assure you, Grand Slam is going to be an interesting read.

We'll be publishing Grand Slam in very limited supply, available from Otaku's Den at Komikon 2010. If you want to make sure you get a copy, send an e-mail to bangkokteetees@gmail.com to reserve yours.