Search This Blog Below

Today Cosplay
Cosplayer

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Finally done!

So, after some months of work my costume was finally finished and I was able to show it on a convention in Germany: The Animagic.

I spend three great days there and it was funny that so many people also wanted to make a World of Warcraft cosplay. At least that's what they said to me there. I'm very curious how many Alliance and Horde members I will see next year. It's always great to hear that you inspired someone for his next costume!
The days there were also very hard. On friday and saturday, when I wore my cosplay, I had to stand up at 6 am to paint and dress myself. For the make-up I used a lot of Kryolan Supracolor.

Warcraft Cosplay

It took about three hours until I was ready, because I had to paint almost all of my body. And removing it afterwards was just horrible! I used a creme based grease paint, so I couldn't remove it just with some soap and water. I had to use a sponge for scrubbing it away! And this hurts!
Then I learned of this fluid on the top of the picture. It is a special oil and I just put a bit on a sponge and use it before I go under the shower. If you cover all painted parts of your body with the oil, you can wash everyhing away with some water. But the remaining parts you still have to scrub.

So, here are some pictures of me and my cosplay partner:

Warcraft Cosplay

Warcraft Cosplay

Warcraft Cosplay

Warcraft Cosplay

My cosplay partner Elenja and I have a cosplay skit, too. You can watch it here: