Search This Blog Below

Today Cosplay
Cosplayer

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Nibbling Monkey goes to his 1st Cosplay

When I first saw Gamertotoy's post on cardboard-clad retards and pretentious chicks with no future, I was inspired to look at the real thing myself. I thought that maybe, just maybe, things weren't as bad as they were and that these guys just wanted to poke fun at other people's passions and ambitions.


I was wrong. Very very wrong.

GT turns out to be an ethereal being who knows how to handle a camera so he took the pictures for me and guided me to my personal journey of enlightenment. We went to SM Megamall's Ozine-freak-fest-whatever (I wouldn't really care what it's called). I was at first, struggling with the fact that these people, no, these organisms, these germ-incubators were doing this for the sake of nothing. All that potential, the springtime of youth, gone away with bunny ears and a lot of make-up.


But the worst part of it all, is that these things were being used. You see, as I was walking down the hall I saw a group of minors who were cosplaying as french maids. Now, I know I'm new to the scene and there is a lot more I have to learn (although, I seriously doubt I would want to learn any more from these freaks), but don't we get the chance to take their pictures too? See, as I was asking these girls for their pictures to add to this here blog as proof of how bad the cosplay scene in the Philippines is, a creature whose chin consists about 45% of his face blocked my camera, nearly broke my lens and shouted: "NO PICTURES!". That's right. The creature was none other than:

I want him to pay for acting like a total ass in front of me. I am a decent man who works everyday to sustain my family, I go to Church regularly, I pay my taxes and he shouts me down..?! That's a fucking insult! No wonder a lot of people hate him.

One thing that did concern me though, was the fact that these minors were being subject to a type of exploitation that is can be likened to child trafficking.

Questions:

1) Why would you want minors to dress up as french maids?
2) Why would you want them to stay in a separate place from the con where you have to pay a huge amount of money to enter?
3) Why wouldn't you allow other people to take their pictures, when the whole point on cosplaying was sharing creativity and cam-whoring?

People, clear my mind. Set it in perspective. i am no expert in the cosplay scene nor in human trafficking, so tell me, ok?

BTW, SD was with us in the trip and after a long day we just all went home and sang "kumbayah".